With new mobile phones launched by Apple, i.e., iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro, you are going to get a ton of upgrades. Here’s everything that you need to know.
Finally, Apple’s new mobile phones are launched in the market. Here we have all details of the new mobile phone, including a small notch, faster A15 Bionic chip, brighter display, serious camera upgrades and better battery life.
If I talk about the coolest upgrade in Apple’s new devices, then it will be cinematic, video mode, which will hold focus on the subject as it moves. It can also blur the background and can automatically change the focus while shooting. You can also tap on the phone to change focus. Isn’t it cool!!
The new mobile phone has got a serious battery upgrade where Pro Max will offer a battery of + 2.5 hours, Pro version will give battery backup of + 1.5 hours, iPhone Mini will also offer additional battery juice of 1.5 hours and iPhone 13 will give battery backup of + 2.5 hours then its previous versions.
Also, Pro version can deliver a 120Hz ProMotion Display and the new camera system will include 3X optical zoom, ultra-wide lens and 6 elements. You will also get macro photography capabilities, new Sierra blue colour and larger batteries.
Here is everything you need to know about iPhone 13 and Pro.
Top New Features iPhone 13 And iPhone 13 Mini
- With 128 GB of storage, both iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini are available for $899 and $799, respectively.
- iPhone 13 is approx. 20% smaller than iPhone 12.
- With the new design, we are getting a new diagonal camera layout, and the camera can capture 40% more light. Also, the ultra-wide camera lets in more light.
- You can get both phones in 5 new colours, i.e., product red, starlight, midnight, blue and pink.
- With 800 nits of brightness, the display of both mobile phones is 28% brighter.
- With the help of the new cinematic, video mode/portrait mode, you can get movie-like video recordings as it can change the focus on the fly of objects.
- Better 5G connectivity with support for more brands.
- iPhone 13 promises 2.5 hours of more battery life, which can go up to 1.5 hours for iPhone 13.
Top New Features–iPhone 13 Pro And iPhone 13 Pro Max
- With a 1 TB storage option, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max are available at $999 and $1099.
- With iPhone 13 Pro, you will get a new ProMotion display that will scale from 10Hz to 120 Hz and is designed to respond dynamically.
- You will get the new telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom, 6-element ultra-wide lens which allows lighter, also there is a wide-angle camera with 2.2x improvement in low light.
- The new iPhone 13 Pro is capable of macro photography with extreme close-ups.
- All new iPhone Mobile Phone now supports night mode.
- The true Depth camera provided with iPhone 13 series is 20% small for a shrunken notch. They have also provided a shrunken textured matte glass on the back.
- You can now experience longer endurance with the bigger battery. Pro version is expected to provide 1.5 hours of more battery and Pro Max can offer 2.5 hours of extra battery duration.
- Both Pro and Pro Max are available in Sierra blue, silver, gold and graphite colours.
- If compared to competing phones, the A15 Bionic chip can promise the most powerful graphics even with 50% better performance.
- For better outdoor brightness, the new Super Retina XDR display supports up to 1,000 nits.
Specifications Of Apple’s New Mobile Phones
|Category||iPhone 13 mini||iPhone 13||iPhone 13 Pro||iPhone 13 Pro Max|
|Storage||128, 256, 512GB||128, 256, 512 GB||128, 256, 512, 1TB||128, 256, 512, 1TB|
|Screen size||5.4 inches||6.1 inches||6.1 inches||6.7 inches|
|Resolution/ppi||2340 x 1080/476||2532 x 1170/460||2532 x 1170/460||2778 x 1284/458|
|Adaptive refresh||No||No||Up to 120Hz||Up to 120Hz|
|Processor||A15 Bionic||A15 Bionic||A15 Bionic||A15 Bionic|
|Rear cameras||Dual 12MP (Wide, ultrawide)||Dual 12MP (Wide, ultrawide)||Pro 12MP (Telephoto, Wide, Ultra-Wide)||Pro 12MP (Telephoto, Wide, Ultra-Wide)|
|Zoom||None / 5x digital||None / 5x digital||3x optical / 15x digital||3x optical / 15x digital|
|Front camera||12MP True Depth||12MP True Depth||12MP True Depth||12MP True Depth|
|Colours||Red, Starlight, Midnight, Blue, Pink||Red, Starlight, Midnight, Blue, Pink||Graphite, Gold, Silver, Sierra Blue||Graphite, Gold, Silver, Sierra Blue|
|Size||5.2 x 2.5 x 0.3 inches||5.8 x 2.8 x 0.3 inches||5.8 x 2.8 x 0.3 inches||6.3 x 3.1 x 0.3 inches|
|Weight||4.97 ounces||6.14 ounces||7.2 ounces||8.5 ounces|
|Battery life (video playback||Up to 17 hours||Up to 19 hours||Up to 22 hours||Up to 28 hours|
When Will iPhone 13 Launch
On September 24, Apple is going to launch its all four models i.e., iPhone 13, Mini, Pro and Pro Max.
Price Of Apple’s Latest Mobile Phones
Apple has revealed the below price structure for all 4 models.
|Model||128GB of storage||256GB of storage||512GB of storage||1TB of storage|
|iPhone 13 Mini||$729||$829||$1,029||N/A|
|iPhone 13 Pro||$999||$1,099||$1,299||$1,499|
|iPhone 13 Pro Max||$1,099||$1,199||$1,399||$1,599|
Besides this, Apple Care+ now offers repairing of back glass for iPhone 12 and iPhone 14 at a reduced price of $29 (£25 in the UK)
Design Of New Apple’s Mobile Phone
It gets a smaller notch with the below features
- It houses the Face ID technology
- The front-facing camera
- The earpiece is shrunk to 20%
This is the first time that notch is modified since it was launched in 2017 as the iPhone X. this will offer more screen real estate with the top edge of the phone.
Else, new mobile phones by Apple would have kept a similar design as 12 series with the same glossy frame and squared-off edges. But to keep the phone protected from breakage the screen of the mobile phone is again covered with Apple’s durable ceramic shield for additional protection.
Also, all four iPhones are IP68 certified, i.e., resistant to water.
Additional features provided in iPhone 13 and mini are diagonal camera lens layout which will help the two regular mobile phone stand out from their predecessors a little.
Colours Of New Apple Devices
Brand new mobile phones are available in the below colours.
iPhone 13 And 13 Mini colours
- Product Red
iPhone 13 Pro And 13 Pro Max Colours:
- Sierra blue
Display Of Apple’s New Device
The series of new mobile phones will be available in three different screen sizes, just like last year, and the specifications are below.
- iPhone 13 Mini: 5.4-inch
- iPhone 13: 6.1-inch
- iPhone 13 Pro: 6.1-inch
- iPhone 13 Pro Max: 6.7-inch
All recent versions of the iPhone come with a Super Retina OLED technology. And, as per Apple, non-Pro models can max out at 800 nites of brightness, however, 13 Pro and Pro can crank up to 1000 nites outdoor. Also, they claim that the latest screen technology of the new iPhone is efficient.
As per rumours, Pro Mac and Pro comes with a ProMotion Display. It means both the phones can clock the screens up to 120 Hz and down to 10 Hz. In this way, range will help the content you’re viewing feel more responsive as iOS can adapt to the refresh rate of whatever you are doing.
Mobile Phone’s Cameras And New Cinematic Mode Video
Apple has introduced nice camera upgrades for its latest mobile phone. The non-Pro model is facilitated with a 12MP ultrawide sensor which will let 47% more light. With a 12MP camera comes sensor-shift optical image stabilization. With the help of this, you can shoot videos in various lighting conditions.
Both Pro versions of the iPhone 12 will get a new telephoto lens and ultrawide auto-focus with 3X optical zoom. All cameras support night mode as well. With the help of the ultra-wide camera, you can also shoot macro photography as close as 2 cm.
With each new iPhone, you also get photographic styles, which can bring personal preferences to the photos in real-time rendering. This is something more than a filter that applies the right tweaks to various scenes and tries to bring our best possible photos.
Also, all versions of the mobile phone are blessed with Cinematic Mode, which will offer professional-grade cinematography to the videos along with Dolby Vision HDR. With the help of Cinematic Mode, you can get the ability of dynamic shift focus and also can follow the subject of the video. So, if the subject moves, the focus will also move automatically. Also, if the person looks away, the focus will automatically shift to where the subject is looking. You can simply tap where you want the focus to be and then tap again to lock the focus.
You will be surprised to know that both Pro versions of the Apple’s mobile phone you can shoot videos in ProRes format, which will open multiple professional photo editing opportunities.
Performance And Specification
New phones are empowered with A15 Bionic system-on-chip–APPLE’S MOST ADVANCES CHIP EVER.
Apple built this on a 5nm process with 6 cores. Out of 6, 2 are new high-powered cores, while the other 4 are much more efficient than before.
Also, with the enhancement of Neural Engine new phones has got powerful machine learning applications like iOS 15’s new live text feature and speech recognition of Siri.
The quad-core is perfect for graphically–intensive photography and gaming use. Apple also claims that GPU is 30% faster than any android phone.
Charging And Battery Life
This year Apple has included larger batteries in all versions. The capacity increase ranges from 9% in the mini and 18.5% in Pro Max. If we compare it to iPhone 12, then below is the advancement we have got.
|iPhone 13 Model||Capacity||iPhone 12 Model||Increase|
|iPhone 13 Pro Max||16.75 Wh||14.13 Wh||18.5%|
|iPhone 13 Pro||11.97 Wh||10.78 Wh||11%|
|iPhone 13||12.41 Wh||10.78 Wh||15.1%|
|iPhone 13 Mini||9.34 Wh||8.57 Wh||9%|
Apple’s Latest Mobile And iOS 15
If we talk about top iOS 15 features, then it includes:
- Updates to Face Time which will let you share content with others and watch video
- New Focus Mode for notification management
- Improvements in Weather, Wallet, Messages, Maps and other pre-installed apps
Outlook Of New Mobile Phone
With its latest mobile phones, Apple has focused on the A15 Bionic Chip and cameras. These upgrades are noteworthy. Photographs taken by new mobile phones are very impressive. With both Pro models, you will get a 120 Hz ProMotion display which helps iOS 15 feel remarkably smooth. You will also get sensor-shift stabilization with an ultrawide improvement across the board.
So, which iPhone 13 model you are going to buy and what are your thoughts about it? Do share your thoughts in the comment box.
Source – tomsguide.com