It may not be an everyday errand to find a mobile phone IP address but sometimes you do not need to. Even if you do not it is always better to know such tiny little things about these devices since we are surrounded by them almost all the time.
If it wasn’t for the invention of mobile phones we wouldn’t even know these things exist and that there is so much that you can do with them. Thanks to this invention of mobile phones that we are here learning new things every day and using them as well. However, for now, let us restrict ourselves to knowing how to find mobile phone IP addresses.
What Is Meant By IP Address?
Let us begin with expanding the term IP Address. IP is an abbreviation for Internet Protocol but IP Address is a different concept altogether. An IP Address is a series of numbers that is assigned to every device that can connect itself to a network and function accordingly. Moreover, there are two types of IP Addresses: public IP address and local IP address.
What Is The Use Of An IP Address?
The IP address of a device serves two main purposes. Here are those:
- An IP address is unique to every device and thus it helps in the identification of such devices.
- An IP address is also useful when you have to find the location of the device. If you have the IP address with you, you can easily get the location with an expert`s help.
How To Find The IP Address Of An Android Mobile Phone?
Now that we have been introduced to the IP address concept briefly, let us know how you can find the mobile phone IP address of an android phone. The steps are different for Android and iOS, so let us begin with android phones.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Setting application on your mobile phone.
- Go to Network and Internet and then the Wi-Fi option.
- You should be connected to your Wi-Fi network. If you are not go ahead and do it.
- Top on the network`s name and select the Advanced option.
- This will show you both the IP address and IPv6 address of your device.
This was one way to find an android phone`s IP address. For the second method, all you need to do is head on to a web browser, type on the search bar “What is my IP address” (without the quotes), and Google will help you in finding your device`s IP address.
How To Find The IP Address Of An iPhone?
To find the IP address of your iPhone this is what you need to do:
- Open Settings and then chose the Wi-Fi option.
- Make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Tap on the name of the network and you will have the IP address right in front of you.
You might think that due to the invention of mobile phones we have this added stress of knowing how to find mobile phone IP addresses etc. but, an IP address doesn’t only give the location o the device but the owner as well which is very helpful in certain cases.