If you are not happy with the performance of your android smartphone or are expecting more from it, you need to know how to empty trash on android phone. Yes, this is one of the reasons why your phone has been acting up and giving you a hard time.
We already know that when the device’s storage space fills up, you start having trouble switching between apps and sometimes even the apps have trouble loading. Now, you might want to simply delete the files or data from your phone. But, did you know that even when you delete files from your android device, it gets stored in temporary storage space? This means that though you cannot access the file or even see it, it still occupies space.
Thus, you need to empty that storage space and for that, you need to know how to empty trash on an android phone. So, here are a few ways in which you can do that:
Steps To Clear Cached Data
When you want to know how to empty trash on an android phone, you can start by clearing the cached data. This will ensure that the temporarily stored data on your phone doesn’t take the extra space. Here are the steps you will need to follow.
1. Open the Setting menu and find the Additional Settings option. This option is mainly present at the bottom.
2. Select the Storage option and then click on File Cleanup.
3. This will start the process where all the cache data from your mobile is getting deleted. Once it is completed you will be able to see a noticeable change in your phone’s performance.
Get Rid Of All The Trash Files With This One Software
Getting rid of all the trash files from your computer is a task. And that is exactly why we don’t have a straight answer as to how to empty trash on android phone. But today we might have found a way to empty all that is trash on your android device with just one simple software.
The software that we are talking about is called as ReiBoot for Android and needs to be installed on your device. But before you do that, allow us to make it easier for you. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. To get started and install the tool by clicking here.
2. Since this software can only be installed on a laptop or PC you will have to connect your android phone to the PC through a USB cable.
3. Turn on the USB debugging option on your mobile phone and once the software is downloaded and installed, it’s time to run the application.
4. Once you run the application you will see a lot of options in front of you. Click on One- Click to Clear System Cache.
5. When you do that the software starts to clear all the trash files from your device. Now all you have to do is follow the instructions on the screen and wait for the mobile phone to restart.
Use Smart Storage
When you have invested in a not-so-great smartphone and expect it to do more than it actually can, you have to be a little smart and explore options for the same.
However, the smart storage feature is available only for smartphones that run on the Android version 8 or later. In case you do, this feature is going to be extremely useful for you since it gets rid of all the unwanted and duplicated files. Follow the below-mentioned steps to use this feature:
1. Go to the Settings application and look for the Storage menu.
2. You will see the ‘Smart Storage’ option. When you turn it on, it will get rid of all the unwanted files for you.
Mobile phones have become such an integral part of our lives and when we expect them to perform as per our expectations. But imagine, downloading your favorite song and reading the message that your device doesn’t have any storage space. What a turn-off, isn’t it?
In that case, you can use one of the above-mentioned ways on how to empty trash on android phone. Hope it helps you.